Friday, January 31, 2014

It's Not All Up To You (Service to Your Fellow Brethren)

Song of the Day: I See Fire by, Ed Sheeran 

This week has been crazy of all sorts!
I had 4 exams scheduled this week (and no, it's not midterms week): Romanian, Physics, Neuroanatomy, and Art History.

I honestly thought I was going to fail at least one of them. I stayed up into the night, missed several classes, and prayed fervently that I will succeed all by myself.

But then I realize, I can't do this all by myself.

I believe that people who say they can do things all by themselves are lying to themselves.
Because no matter how you look at it, it's not all up to you. No matter what dream you have, that dream affects other people and thus, your dream is not about you.
It's about others.
Thus, if your mentality is "Only I can change things. It is up to ME AND ONLY ME to decide to succeed or not" then you're not looking at the entire picture.

Your goals and dreams is about other people: your family, your friends, your significant other, and others that will become an integral part of your life.


When I realized my mentality was wrong, my prayers changed, and they changed for the better!
While I did keep praying for comfort this past week, I also told my Heavenly Father "I can't do this without you. I know that the studying part is all up to me, but you're the one that helps me remember who I am, what I'm supposed to do in this life. You're the one that reminds me why I'm studying in the first place: to serve your fellow children. Please let me be Your Hands and help Your children realize that they are children of God. By myself, nothing is possible. But with You by my side, all things are possible."

As much as I would like to say that I have everything under control, I don't. I need my Heavenly Father. To help me remember. To help me study. To help me. Period.

With that said, I not only passed all my tests, I aced most of them as well. For the first time in my life, I got a 100% in my physics exam, all with the help of God. I managed to get 100% on my Neuroanatomy despite not studying as much as I did previously. I managed to pass my Art History and Romanian exam despite not studying for them at all.
I told this to my family, and they were so happy that even my dad said I was his inspiration.

After finishing my long Thursday, I  cried of happiness. My heart was filled with gratitude. None of this would have been possible without the sacrifice and love from my parents, the support from my friends, and without Heavenly Father's spirit and guidance.

I ended yesterday with service to my fellow brethren. Even though I have a busy schedule, I always have time to serve others. And I thank God for that! It was the best way to thank God for everything He has done for me. As King Benjamin said, by serving others, you are serving your God.

So I leave with this note: always serve others. And always remember that you don't have to go through this alone. If you keep following the commandments and remembering your divine nature, you will have your Heavenly Father by your side.

And with Heavenly Father by your side, who's actually against you?
The only person in between you and your Heavenly Father is yourself.

So get down on your knees and start praying. Thank Heavenly Father for what you have and the fact that you're alive. That in itself is a blessing all on its own.
Do this, and you'll never feel alone again.

Love,
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment