Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dear Future Husband, (#WifeMeUp)

Song of the Day: God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You by, N*SYNC
So I've been thinking a lot about you lately....

It's not that I already have a particular person whom I want to marry because in truth there are many guys that could potentially be the one. But I do have my "checklist" that most girls have. 

To my future sweetheart and better half, 


I hope that you enjoy:
  • Music
  • Dancing (of any kind, but a bonus if you have a passion for Latin dances!)
  • Theatre/ Musicals/ Drama (so we can go together! :D)
  • Hiking and sight-seeing 
  • Watching movies...particularly Disney/Pixar/Pokemon
  • Spending time with family! :D
  • Taking pictures with me! :) 
  • Sleeping, because I love it <3 
  • Playing video games so we can have a good battle in Super Smash Bros. >:) 
  • Science or anything related to that! So that way I have someone to talk to about my work!
  • Having conversations: from witty and whimsical to deep and spiritual
  • Traveling!!!!
  • Trying new foods/ new things to keep our lives interesting :) 
  • Playing with kids because I absolutely love kids! 
And, most of all
  • Spending time with me ( Since, you know, I am your WIFE)
I hope you can:
  • Handle me; I'm quite a handful in terms of emotions and activity 
  • Sing with me, or enjoy my singing :) 
  • Ask me to dances, because I've never been asked to a formal dance before....
  • Cuddle with me while we watch movies! Particularly Disney movies ;) 
  • Hold my hand: I LOVE holding hands! It tells me that no matter where I am, someone I truly love is always physically there with me
  • Be up for anything! From Nerf gun wars to doing anything crazy out in the town! 
  • Tell me "I love you" so that way I know that you still do hahaha
  • Talk to the wee hours of the night with me...even if one of us ends falling asleep before the other 
But most importantly.....I want you to be:
  • A Man of God: worthy to have the authority of the Priesthood and use its power in God's Will
  • A Man with a sense of Humor because I LOVE laughing! :D 
  • A Man that knows when to be serious and when to be playful 
  • A Man that loves Jesus Christ and God more than me, because that will help strengthen our marriage and love for each other <3 
  • A Man that's humble, but is confident in the things he does
  • A Man that's passionate with other things, I'm attracted to people with passions
  • A Man who knows when to stand up for the things he cherishes the most: his freedom, his family, and his faith and has a firm testimony of them 
  • A Man that can be social, but loves some alone time 
  • A Man that's grateful for everything put in his life 
And if it's not too much to ask....
  • A Man that would dedicate N*SYNC songs, because I LOVE both "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" and "This I Promise You" (both potential First Dance songs for my wedding....I know, I'm such a sucker for weddings!) 
I can't wait to meet you ( if I haven't already...) and start our story and lives together. It may not be like a fairy tale, because our "Once Upon A Time" is eternal and our "Happy Ending" will have no end. But, at the same time, it will be OUR fairy tale with you as the Prince of our Eternal King, you treating me like a true Princess, and us being sealed for time and eternity in our castle: the temple. I already love you and I hope you're not discouraged in terms of finding your wife; I'm right here, we just need to trust in God's timing.

This I Promise You by, N*SYNC 

Loving you with all my being and for time and eternity, 
Your future wife Maya :)

Interesting note: There's this hashtag I saw on Instagram where everytime you do something domestic you use #wifemeup so because this is under the same topic umbrella....to my future husband, #wifemeup already!

No comments:

Post a Comment