Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dear Journal,


So the reason why I created this blog is because I have decided to make a personal resolution with myself. 

Our church leaders have always encouraged us to write in a journal for future generations. And while I am great at starting my journals....I'm horrible at continuing/ finishing them. 

Then I took Honors Writing 150, where they showed me this awesome thing Google has called Blogger (aka the thing you're reading right now) and today I had an epiphany! I thought why not instead of a journal, you start a blog where you write about the life experiences you have experienced so far! 

I mean, come on. Why didn't I think of this sooner? A blog retains all the characteristics of a journal (it's personal, you "write" it, you can voice your opinion) except it has so much more to offer! 
Plus, I can make this blog prettier and add videos and pictures here without having the need to cut and paste and draw like I would have to with a journal (I'm not a crafty person....)  :D 

So here it is: My Journal. 
Just like the song says, my life is defined by "these small hours, these little wonders"...
And so, most of the entries will comprise of experiences during my college but I will also try to recollect important defining moments from before that. 
It will comprise of songs that mean a lot to me. 
It will comprise of pictures that capture all of my sentiments, thoughts, etc. from that moment. 
It will comprise of the lessons I've learned and what I want my future self to take from. 
It will comprise of my dreams and promises and anything else I want to remember once I become a responsible citizen of society, wife, and mother. 
And, most importantly, it will comprise of my growth, my progression into the person that I want to become. Into the person that Christ wants me to become. 

So here we go. Let the adventure begin...

Love,
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment