Song of the Day: Darte un Beso by, Prince Royce
(the music video is one of my favorites! It's just so cute and romantic and ah!)
A few warnings beforehand:
- I may or may not be seeing him in rose-colored glasses. But I would also like to point out that since he IS my first boyfriend ever, the bias would be there regardless. But I will try to be as impartial as possible.
- Yes, we have officially broken up, but we still talk to each other often. This is because we didn’t break up because we no longer had feelings for each other, but we wanted to work on our friendship and our relationship with God and being in a relationship would not help.
So in my previous post I compared David to a platypus. And I
mean that in the best way possible. In other words, he’s kind of amazing.
My platypus :)
Here are 20 things about this guy that I was fortunate
enough to have as a first boyfriend.
1. As you can see in the picture, he’s exactly the opposite of what I usually
prefer in a guy: tall, dark, and handsome. HAHA but seriously. He can do no
wrong with those big, puppy dog eyes and that cheesy grin that shows off his
dimples.
2. His family is HUGE. There are 8 kids in the
family. He’s the 6th child. And he’s the only guy.
Fun fact: I realized I had a major crush on
him when I saw him taking care of his other seven sisters. You learn a lot
about a guy from the way he treats his mother and sisters. ;)
3. His favorite color is red. My favorite color is
blue. He’s been trying to convert me over to the warmer color spectrum but so
far he’s only succeeded in getting me to like pink. (when he wore nothing but
baby pink for two days straight.)
4. His favorite music genre is bachata and his
favorite artist is Romeo Santos. Mine is Prince Royce. Our music tastes are the
same! :)
5. Because of this, he knows how to play most of
their songs on the guitar. So we have random jam sessions whenever there’s a
guitar nearby.
6. He says he can’t sing nor dance. He’s also kind
of a liar. He sings in the church choir and he was the one who taught me how to
dance salsa, merengue, and cumbia when we went to a stake dance for a date. Which brings me to my next point…
7. He’s ticklish. Like, extremely ticklish.
Therefore, whenever I catch him lying to me or doing something I don’t like, I
tickle him.
8. He retaliates by hugging or kissing me. Yes,
he’s very touchy-feely/passionate but not overly so. He hates PDA so we don’t
do anything in church, only hold hands/hug in front of family and friends and… well
I’ll stop there.
9. The things that he actually cannot do are
cooking and driving. So, for some of our dates, I taught him how to cook and we
would then cook dinner together for my grandpa. Other dates my grandpa would
teach us both how to drive.
Another fun fact: I’m a better and safer driver than
he is hahaha. >:)
10. He’s actually one of the biggest goofballs I
have ever met. And I love it. Though he tries not to show it too much in front
of me since he says it’s embarrassing for a “pretty girl like me” to be with “a
clown like him.” (my response: WHY ARE YOU KINDA PERFECT?!?)
12. While he generally likes me- both appearance and
personality wise- there’s one thing about me he doesn’t like: my “man” voice.
He says it feels like he’s dating a man, so he kindly tells me to stop using my
man voice. I still do it anyway. ;)
13. He loves to work. He currently is working two jobs: one as a carpenter by day and the other as a personal caretaker for my grandpa by night haha. He enjoys both but he likes his job at the carpentry a little more because he feels "closer to Jesus" (he was trying to be funny. I laughed anyways.)
14. When he's not working, he's busy visiting the members of the San Felipe ward. He loves serving and making sure others are happy, and this is my favorite thing about him.
15. He's more of a texter than I am. This is the first time when I met a guy who replies faster than me HAHAHAHAHA. He's also much more cheesier through text than in person/on the phone.
16. When he's upset, feels lonely, or the weather is bad in San Felipe, he will open the church and stay there until everything is better. He also has the keys to the church by the way (not the priesthood keys, the actual keys to open the church building haha)
17. You know those Spanish soap operas that usually women in the 30-60 age range watch daily? Yup, he watches those too. And I don't mean casually either. I mean he watches those as religiously as people that watched Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones. I couldn't stop laughing when I found that out.
18. He loves listening to me ramble: both in Spanish
and English. He said he finds my voice calming. I said I find that extremely
attractive haha.
Another fun fact: we hold spontaneous
Spanish/English lessons of the day to each other. Not only did I have a
boyfriend, but I also had my very own personal Spanish teacher. :)
19. There’s a downside to the previous fact. Because
he loves just listening, he’s pretty quiet and introverted. He’s also been
trying to emotionally prepare himself for his mission, so he usually has a
poker face that I can’t quite decode yet. This is one of his biggest flaws- in
my book- but he compensates his lack of words through his actions. Don’t worry,
we can still communicate just fine, it’s just that he’s not as much of an open
book as me.
20. Oh, I forgot to mention. He was called to serve
in the La Paz, Bolivia mission on November 5th. So yes, even if we
were still together, we would still have to break up sooner rather than later.
This is why we broke up after only two weeks of officially becoming boyfriend
and girlfriend.
So I hope I didn't bore you with all those details. After reading through this again, I sound like a complete nut job/ delusional fangirl. But people were curious and I wanted to renew my blogging habits once again, so there you go.
In other words: he's kind of special to me and I am so grateful for Heavenly Father to have given me such a special son of His as my first boyfriend. :)
Until we meet again!
Love,
Maya
So I hope I didn't bore you with all those details. After reading through this again, I sound like a complete nut job/ delusional fangirl. But people were curious and I wanted to renew my blogging habits once again, so there you go.
In other words: he's kind of special to me and I am so grateful for Heavenly Father to have given me such a special son of His as my first boyfriend. :)
Until we meet again!
Love,
Maya

No comments:
Post a Comment