Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Semester (What time is it? Summer School!)


Song of the Day: Summertime by, New Kids on the Block

So I decided to make this more like a journal by blogging about things on a weekly basis instead of highlighting important events in my life. Besides, I feel like a LOT of things have been going that are worth noting (and that have been happening on a weekly basis). 

Let's see....
See this is the probably the hardest part of writing: whether it be a research paper (that I'm currently procrastinating on) or just a casual blog, it's always hard to begin writing what I want to talk about.
This is a reason why I am not majoring in English. English is way too hard for me to comprehend...
(if only it was as simple as calculus....)

Anyways, 
I guess I can start with the Summer semester, which is infinitely a thousand times better than spring semester.
Let me tell you why: 

Spring Semester:
  • I was working at the MTC all the time. Like Every. Single. Day. 
  • Because of said job above, I had NO TIME to socialize 
  • Well, that, and the fact that I was taking Astronomy and Statistics (which is not a fun combination at all) 
  • Plus I was going through that slump that was mentioned in Freshman Year and Missionaries posts
  • And did I forget to mention? I was thinking about going on a mission! 
  • Oh and I felt like I was stangnant; that I felt like I was going nowhere 
  • And I did not go on any dates (because of the nonexistent social life) 
Now Summer semester....
  • Okay, so I'm taking more classes. HOWEVER 2 of them are dance classes (which to me, aren't classes at all, just an organized time and place where people can learn new dance moves and choreographies) 
  • And the other 2 are New Testament and Psychology: 2 classes that I have a passion to either gain a stronger testimony or help me unleash my passion for the brain (you can guess which class helped for which desire) 
  • I am now on-call for my work, which means I can choose when I can work
  • Because of said above, I NOW HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE! Whoo!!!
  • And, for some odd reason, I have had a date each weekend for the past 4 weeks (and counting, we'll see). I don't know how that happened, but I'm liking it! I finally get to know the guys in my ward more personally :) 
  • I have told my parents about going on a mission. And after praying a lot, I decided not to go on a mission (YET....and besides, I can go on a mission with my husband when we're older) 
  • And, after finally letting go of the past that was hurting me, I can now finally move on and progress and as of right now, I'm trusting more and more on God. 
That last point I'll elaborate more later on....
The thing I want you to get away from this is that things will always get better in the end !
I'm finally out of that slump and things are now better than ever!

I'm finally progressing on my major, I'm becoming more sure of who I am and what I want to do with my life, and I'm realizing that my desire to go on a mission was because I want to travel the world and serve others!
Currently I'm looking into this study abroad program in Romania where you volunteer in orphanages and hospitals  as well as a research program in Neuroscience and Biology :) Will update as soon as I find more stuff about it.

 Now that I can recall about it, there's a saying that says "Challenges are like an arrow: they hold you back so that you can leap forward" or something like that.

But yes, I know this is very sporadic but I just want to record this because I know that slumps exist so that you can truly enjoy the times when everything just seems to fall perfectly in place. I can truly see the hand of God work in my life right now.
Thank you God, for allowing challenges to be in my life so that I can be humbled to have the things I have and be grateful for my progress towards reaching my divine potential.

Well, now gotta get back to that blasted research paper...

Love,
Maya Atmojo

No comments:

Post a Comment