Song of the day: Galaxy Supernova by, Girl's Generation
To those of you who don't know this band.... LOOK THEM UP! They're my favorite girl group in the history of ever :D
So this week we experience a chill spell in Utah (while according to my dad it's now in the perfect 70's in California.....whatever.)
Luckily today was pretty sunny and comfy :)
I still had to wear a sweater though.... oh well! Fall is actually becoming one of my favorite seasons now that I'm here in Utah (sorry summer, but the humidity back in California kinda ruined it for me.....)
Which means I'm starting to become more like a Utah girl! (don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.......I'll get back to you on this!)
Anyways, time for my grattitude entry for the day!
I'm grateful for:
- The little bit of sunshine we had today! It really makes me appreciate summer and why it gets so hot. Plus, the weather was PERFECT today.
- I feel like Heavenly Father likes spoiling us because today the scenery was so breathtaking! The snow in the mountains, the leaves changing color, beautiful flowers on the ground (today I took a dandelion and made a wish!), just beauty everywhere I turned
- My health: today at the hospital I witnessed the nurses pulling the plug on someone and their entire family was there. It really put me back into perspective that I have such a fleeting life and so I need to make each day count! And because Heavenly Father knows that, we are always given blessings. I truly am happy for the life I have.
- Just for the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves ME! Today we also had a general conference talk for just the Relief Society and it really helped me bring to remembrance that I am a daughter of God and that He created me in His image. I'm beautiful and I'm Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I LOVE it!
I'm able to finally start studying my major (which I'm LOVING right now)
I'm able to finally start volunteering and help people out. I KNOW that this is my calling.
I'm able to finally start loving myself. It's about time I stop sulking about my imperfections and instead start embracing them so that my inner beauty truly shines (sounds weird, but that does happen!)
Today, I even received a cookie that told me my smile truly shines :)
So why should I sulk? Smiling obviously helps me stand out and show everyone who I truly am: A daughter of God destined for great things!!!!! :D
Well that's all I have for now!
Until next time (aka tomorrow)
Sincerely,
Maya :)
No comments:
Post a Comment