Monday, September 30, 2013

When You're Upset (Misery + Time = Laughter)





Song of the Day: Haru Haru by, Big Bang 
(Another great band! I'm starting to listen back to Kpop songs I used to listen to everyday) 

So I'm so sorry I'm starting off this week with a rather bittersweet post and video but I just need to get this out because my mom is kinda the best person ever. 

This morning, I couldn't handle it.

I couldn't handle it because right now hormones are raging (that darn time of month) and I'm stressed out for a test AND it was Monday morning (I'm not in the brightest of spirits). 
So because of those factors, I was upset and wanted to shout.

Now if this predicament happened to anyone else they would blurt out exactly how they were feeling and probably voice out their anger of that incident from time to time. I don't do that. 

It's just not in my nature to express any negative feelings (and if I do, I usually apologize and feel bad afterwards) especially to people I truly care about. Now to some this might be a problem, but my mom taught me that it's better to just keep those negative feelings in. 

Like whenever my dad would say something really offensive to my mom, she would just take it and cry/laugh off of it. And then continue on her merry way. I really admired her for that.

Now of course, I do show that negative energy in the form of silence and laughter. I usually respond briefly, laugh, and keep to myself when I'm upset. (My mom can always knew when I was mad though).

But the BEST way of coping with anger/ feelings of upset are these three things: 
  1. All bad things/mistakes take time to heal and correct, so it's best not to vocalize any negative thoughts. Don't burst out at the moment because you will regret it later. Like Thumper from Bambi said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing at all!" (I'm really good in this aspect!) Which takes me to the next point.....
  2. Laugh it off. Sister Samuelson- the wife of the president of BYU Cecil Samuelson- once said that [misery + time = laugher] and this is true! Trust me, you'll be laughing (like I am right now) about this event as short as twenty minutes later! 
  3. If you still feel sour after holding it in, release that energy in a different way! One thing to do is to vent it out (My mom is usually the victim of my venting; LOVE YOU MOM!) or you can use that vent-up anger to run as fast as you can! Or you can even start cleaning; it's not only surprisingly therapeutic but also productive! 
 Another way I vent my anger is by writing out my feelings and then deleting it (which you won't see because I'll be editing some parts out haha) so that way I don't hurt anyone :)

So if you ever feel upset and angry at someone/ something/ life in general (cause trust me, life is not easy) just do whatever it takes to release that without hurting anyone in return. Don't keep it in like I sometimes do because one of my favorite prophets President Gordon B. Hinckley once said:
Life is not meant to be endured, but enjoyed
And with that, I leave you!
Whenever a little rain hits on your parade, just smile and dance with it. It makes life more interesting that way ;)

Sincerely,
Maya :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment